Saturday, February 17, 2007

Spring is coming

Yesterday, Ross and I visited the Gaiser Conservatory in Manito Park to get a dose of springtime. It was a wonderful sunny day, which made for a very pleasant walk through the park and great light inside of the greenhouses. The smells were phenomenal -- I wish I could include them here with the photos!


We both love to look at the cacti and succulent collection. It suddenly struck me that the succulents have such great structures, and wouldn't it be cool to try to mimic that? I've been drooling over Janet Edmond's new book, Three-Dimensional Embroidery, and I think her construction techniques may lead me to create some fabric "aloes." Hmmm....

Today is Chris's 44th birthday. He's been teasing me that we've known each other for half his lifetime (we met when we were 22). That's amazing, when you think about it. I am very blessed to have him in my life! We don't have any big plans right now, but I'm sure we'll go do something fun later.

No comments: