Friday, March 30, 2007

Painting the jeans purse



I've been working on the jeans purse the past couple of days. Today I decided to paint it with various shades of blue fabric paint. I wanted a bright background, but I also wanted to leave some of the original color of the denim showing. So, I put on some music, and tried to be loose and free as I brushed on the paint. I had a smile on my face as I was playing!



I try to control so much of what comes out in my art, but that gets ridiculous. I'm not having any fun when I think that I need to be in control. There's no joy there. So, I'm trying to let go more and have a good time. Today, I also found that it helped a lot when I decided to set the jeans leg on its "side," instead of "face up." It helped me to let go of my control thing when I knew I wasn't even looking at the piece from the "right" direction! (I'm sorry if this isn't making much sense, but I think the other control freaks out there may understand what I'm talking about.)

Anyway, I am pleased with today's process and the outcome. The blues in the photos are more intense than in real life, but you get the idea.

No comments: