Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Riverfront Park, finished earrings

I'm a little under the weather today, so I'll try to keep this short.

Ross and I went to Riverfront Park in downtown Spokane this weekend. Chris was feeling lousy from a cold, so we gave him some space and enjoyed the warm weather (upper 40s and into the 50s!).

Riverfront Park straddles the Spokane River. It's a large park with many attractions (IMAX theater, some amusement park rides, ice rink in the winter, a gondola ride that takes you near the river falls). There is even a giant Flexible Flyer wagon, which is a slide for kids.



You get a lot of great places to watch the river, which Ross and I love to do. The river was roaring that day!



There's a small island in the middle of the river, with bridges to connect it to both shores. The totem poles fascinate Ross.



The clocktower is a prominent landmark in downtown Spokane.



My art quilting class is done. I've bought some funky yarns to add to my flower wall hanging, but I've put it aside for the moment to concentrate on some other projects. I also need to send in supply lists for the two workshops I'll be teaching in April and May (fabric postcards, and surface design -- a fancy term for painting, dyeing, and otherwise altering the surface of fabrics).

I decided to finish making a couple pairs of earrings that I started for my earrings class. I had made one of each type of earring as samples for the students, but I needed to make the second one so that I could actually wear the earrings! The black and copper earrings are pretty extravagant -- long and flirty. I've had those cloud charms for a very long time (I think I bought them in Denver, about 9 years ago, so it's about time I used them)!



I took a class on photographing artwork at the Spokane Art School. It was illuminating (pun intended) -- I may end up paying for professional shots when I need them. However, the teacher did give a lot of good tips, and I hope they'll help make this blog look better.

No comments: