Saturday, June 23, 2007

Remembering second grade

Ross came home with the usual avalanche of school papers this June. Writing projects, science projects, math workbooks, spelling workbooks, artwork, etc., etc., etc. The teachers also take digital photos of various activities during the year, and print them out for you on regular printer paper. Some of them are cute photos, but I've been at a loss as to what to do with them.

Yesterday I decided to collage with some of this stuff.



I painted the background and some of the papers with Dye-Na-Flow paints, and just glued it together. (The very top "scrap" is from our church newsletter, and the rest is school stuff.) I didn't want to get too fussy with it. The colors simply help unify the page, so that the viewer can enjoy Ross' work and photos, and not spend a lot of time looking at what I added.

Here's a close-up of the center photo, which I think is a good shot of Ross.


Ross liked the idea of me using his stuff in a collage, so I think I'll be doing more. Heck, he may even want to make a collage himself.

No comments: