Thursday, June 7, 2007

A week in the life ...

I'm trying to remain faithful to my promise to blog at least once a week, but this has been one of those weeks where there doesn't seem to be a lot to write about.

Chris saw his surgeon yesterday. He had the stitches removed, and got a prescription for physical therapy. He's not supposed to do any strengthening for 4 to 6 weeks, but he can go get help with stretching if he feels up to it. So, he's going to see a physical therapist for the first time Tuesday. He's had some bad muscle knots in his upper shoulder, and he hopes the p.t. can help him loosen things up.

Ross was part of a music program for the first and second graders last night. The theme was "The Alphabet Jungle," and it was pretty cute. They sang songs like "The Lion Sleeps Tonight," performed a small version of "Where the Wild Things Are," and each class recited some poetry that they'd memorized. We tried to take pictures, but the gym has lousy lighting and all we got were blurs.

I've been working on a mixed media collage. I've been doing more collaging and drawing these days -- I've got 2 journals going, and am thinking about starting a third! Most mornings I get up early and draw or do something else artsy before Ross gets up. A lot of days, I can hardly wait to get to work (or should I say play?). This collage is fairly experimental for me, so I am trying to not get caught up in great expectations, and to simply go with the flow. Easier said than done, but I am getting better at it. I'll post a photo when it's complete.

No comments: