Monday, July 23, 2007

A-vacationing we will go

At last, it's time to travel! We will be visiting my family in New Hampshire and Massachusetts July 25 through August 1. Then we leave August 9 for our Midwest break -- flying into Chicago and making a quick visit there before heading to my in-laws' stomping ground in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

I haven't been to Chi-town for many years, and it'll be great to show a bit of it to Ross. We usually visit our families every year; while it's not glamorous, I do look forward to seeing everyone and doing some things that have almost become rituals, such as: going to Odiorne Point State Park in New Hampshire to wade in the tidal pools and catch crabs; eating fresh lobster; spending the night at "Camp Chicken," my sister-in-law's hideaway in the woods.

Well, lots to do, as you can imagine. I may try to blog from the road, but if not, I'll have pictures when I get back.

No comments: