Thursday, September 20, 2007

Late news

I finally heard from Kris at the MAC this morning.

I didn't get the job. But she was very nice, telling me that it was a very hard decision, and it came down to the fact that the other applicant had more classroom experience than I do. She told me that they even talked of applying for a grant so that they could contract with me to do some work for them! I told her that I would be open to that, to call me any time.

When I didn't hear from them Tuesday or Wednesday, I figured they'd offered the job to the other candidate. Honestly, though, I am not terribly disappointed. It would have been an interesting job. Yet I can't help feeling that maybe I'm supposed to be doing something else. I need to pour myself into my passions, and nothing less is going to do.

5 comments:

Jojo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jojo said...

Sorry you didn't get the job. Like you say though, if you don't care all that much, maybe it wasn't meant to be.

Anonymous said...

Well, rats. You would have been perfect for it. Too bad, but obviously, that isn't what you were meant to be doing. Glad to hear that you aren't really disappointed.

Much Love,
Cathy

Plain Jane said...

the fact they liked you enough to want to apply for a grant is a good thing. Maybe you can sort of write your own ticket now?

Life on the Edge said...

I'm sorry :-( I know the feeling. I know that I am on the path to something...just not sure if it's to continue to try to teach or to keep moving forward with SpokaneMama.com. I love teaching, but that path has so many road blocks--and the other path keeps seeming to be the right one. How do you make a decision? It's also hard when the need for money is involved.