Tuesday, October 30, 2007

7 facts about me

I read this at Take Joy!, and decided I'd like to play.

Here are the rules which you must abide by if you are tagged.
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself: some random, some weird.
3. Tag 3 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.

1. I started my official working career by working in a hospital kitchen. (My mom was a nurse at the hospital, so I had an "in.") I began as a "dietary aide" (person who delivers food trays to patients, mostly), and then moved to the cooking side. Food service was a good way to make money for me -- I held my last cooking job after grad school.
2. Related to number 1: my grad school career at the University of Michigan ended because I dropped out. I was very tired of school, and I did not like the faculty at U of M. The best thing that came out of my time in Ann Arbor was my husband!
3. I was a big fan of the Black Beauty books as a girl, but I've never ridden a horse.
4. When I was growing up, I thought one of the surest signs of spring was when the weather warmed up enough to thaw the manure pile in back of my grandfather's barn, and I could smell it from my house.
5. My favorite color as a kid: blue. Ross' favorite color now: blue. (When he was a preschooler, though, it was orange.)
6. I actually enjoyed going to work every day in Minnesota when the temperature was 30 below zero. There's something about braving that weather and living to tell the tale. And it was oddly bracing to step outside, inhale, and feel your nostrils instantly freeze.
7. I got to pretend that I was a news anchor at the local PBS station while I was doing a project about careers for a high school class. Being on television has never been appealing to me, though. I don't have that urge, which is sort of un-American, if you think about it.

I tag my sister-in-law Cathy, Alma, and Jane. And I will totally understand if you'd rather not play!

1 comment:

Cathy Smith said...

Ok, let me get this straight. I put a post on our blog with the 7 facts thing and then tag 3 other bloggers to do the same thing and then each one of them tags another 3 and so on. Do I have it right???