Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Catching up

It's not that I haven't been taking lots of pictures -- it's just that I haven't had time to post!

On Saturday, Ross's cross country meet was at Cannon Hill Park. The format was different this time: all of the first graders raced together, then the second graders, and so on. Ross's coach had the kids that weren't racing cheer for their teammates, which was great.



As part of his food badge, Ross helped me make an apple pie on Sunday. As usual, he could hardly wait to eat the leftover pie dough scraps!


The weather's been pretty nice, so I've been outside working on my daylilly bed. Yesterday was my big push. I finished putting the edging around the bed, then dug up one of the daylillies under the spruce tree and moved it into the new bed. Next, I put in the 5 bare-root plants I'd gotten in the mail. They look kind of pale, but I hope they'll make it.


I planted 20 snowdrop bulbs and 25 grape hyacinth bulbs. Then two bags of cedar mulch, and voila! Finished! The squirrels have been digging little holes in the bed today, but I don't think they've destroyed anything so far. Let's hope all they do is plant a few nuts.

The tree leaves are getting gorgeous -- here's my neighbors' maple on the corner:

Lastly -- I was experimenting with the camera, trying to take pictures of candles. Well, Chaplin decided to investigate, and I got one interesting shot out of it.

No comments: