Wednesday, November 14, 2007

1970s crewelwork

Last night, one of my art quilting students brought me some 1970s crewel pieces that she got from an estate. Wasn't that sweet of her?

"Hey, baby, what's your sign?"




Here are some botanicals.



I never really outgrew my fondness for the 70s mushrooms. I've collected a few pieces of vintage mushroom fabric recently -- maybe they'll gel into a wall hanging?


I love this little girl! I'm not ordinarily enthusiastic about "sweet" images, but I am smitten with this one. I'm not sure where she'll end up -- I'll have to think about it.

The mushrooms and the little girl have found a new home with me. In the spirit of sharing the bounty (and keeping my stash from getting even more bloated), I'd be happy to ship any of the other pieces to you for free! Think of them as potential components in art quilts or tote bags or pillows or dolls or mixed media pieces . . . Most of them are in really good shape. Just email me (click on my profile link at the top right).

3 comments:

SpokaneMama said...

Oh my gosh...take me back in time. The mushroom one reminds me of some large pictures my mom did for our living room when we lived in Florida (when i was a little girl). I think our houses' interior colors matched them completely! That one and the botanical one above it. LOL!

Alma Stoller said...

Judy,

What a great collection of what is now called 'Vintage' needle work.

These would be great for applying on to a crazy quilt.

Alma

Momma Bear said...

Thankyou for visiting my blog!
what fun embroideries!
they give me some serious 7o's whats your sign flashbacks!