Monday, November 19, 2007

Snow!


I hadn't paid attention to the weather forecast, so when I woke up this morning, I was surprised to see a little snow. The weather was grey and damp last week, and it felt like it would snow a couple of days.

I had been hoping it would hold off. I've had the nasty cold that's been around lately, and I haven't felt up to raking my (late-falling) leaves. Now I'm hoping for a little dry weather so that I can at least prune and cover the roses, and maybe run the lawn mower to chop the leaves for mulch. Gee, I thought I still had some time before winter hit....

Why is it that early Christmas displays in the stores make me say "bah humbug," but a skiff of snow makes me hum Christmas carols?

1 comment:

Alma Stoller said...

I hope you feel better soon.

No snow in the city yet...but I look forward to it.

Alma