Saturday, December 8, 2007

Frosty!

We had very thick fog the other morning, looming low over the ponderosa pines. It was quite cold, and still wet from all the rain we'd had. Mother Nature graced the world with some spectacular frost! I took these photos after walking Ross to school; he was as delighted with the frost as I was.

The athletic fields near Ross' school looked as if they had a light dusting of snow, but when you looked more closely, you saw lovely crystals. (Click on the photos to see a larger view.)


I walked right past these leaves, but something in my brain said, "Wait!" I turned around, knelt down, and gasped.



I took a million shots of these seed pods, but the light was not good, and the auto focus on the camera was fooled time and time again. (I need to figure out manual focusing on this camera!) I did coax one decent shot out of it.

3 comments:

anita (kirbanita) said...

Beautiful!

SpokaneMama said...

OOOOH! I love these photos of the frost Judy! I missed getting them because I've been so busy working.

My only complaint is that in your bio you call yourself 'middle-aged'! You're only a year older than me and I hate that thought....let's call ourselves "ripened". Kind of like a good summer tomato!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...what spectacular photos. You do indeed have a gift! Those are just incredible. The frost looks so real and three-dimensional that my fingers itch to gently touch it.
Cathy