Monday, January 14, 2008

Busy week ahead

This is the current state of our dining room table:

The Pinewood Derby is this weekend! Chris found it easier to work at the dining room table than in the basement, and I had no objections. Last night we decided just to leave the mess as is, since none of us is done with our cars yet. (Yes, I am making a car this year. It's based on a real car, but a very odd one -- you'll see.)

The other big event this week is Starry Night, an art night hosted by Ross' elementary school. I'll be hosting a booth where kids and parents can make artist trading cards (ATCs). I've been making a few samples; I like how this one came out.

I'm really looking forward to this -- there's something really special about watching kids make art, especially when it's unstructured "play" time.

1 comment:

Yolanda said...

Good luck on both . Have a wonderful week.