Friday, January 18, 2008

2008 Pinewood derby entries

It was a lot of work, but we all finished our Pinewood Derby entries on time.


Ross' entry is the "Aero-X," a simple but cool design -- the two holes are drilled through the entire length of the car.


Chris decided to stick with his boat theme from last year. This year his entry is "Gone Fishin'." He cannibalized a plastic toy boat for parts. (The fisherman will not be riding on it when it races.)


Notice the fish-finder and live well in the middle of the boat. Do you think the camouflage paint-job will hide it from the bass?

This is my first year entering the Pinewood Derby. I think I'm the only mom who entered a car this year. My car is based on Liberace's 1961 Rolls Phantom V, which was covered in Austrian crystals. My version is the "Bling Thing," which is covered in approximately five dollars' worth of rhinestones.

The fenders are plastic parts I bought from the Boy Scout shop. I painted them and glued on rhinestones, then glued the fenders onto the car.

I drew the little details with a Pigma Micron pen.

The vanity plate in the back says it all:

If you ever thought that I might be a bit obsessive/compulsive, this might be all the evidence you need. Is it sparkly enough for you?

1 comment:

The Lone Beader said...

That rhinestone car is freakin AWESOME!!! You are a rockin Mom! Great job:)