Friday, January 18, 2008

Starry Night at Jefferson Elementary

There were a lot of people at "Starry Night," the annual art night at my son's school. My booth was very busy! Lots of folks looked at my art quilts and dolls, and lots and lots of kids (and some parents) made ATCs. It's amazing how excited kids get when you give them a table of stuff and some glue and let them go nuts.



Instead of sticking to the trading card format, some kids made larger pieces. These girls made collages on felt backgrounds.

I had some requests to teach the kids how to make art dolls -- from girls and boys. I may do that next year, if I can figure out the logistics. I certainly plan on participating next year. It was a blast!

1 comment:

The Lone Beader said...

Looks like the kids had fun! I wish I was there! :)