Thursday, March 13, 2008

Experimenting with flower yo-yos

I've been a sloth as far as art goes. I've taken out some unfinished projects, hoping that they'd give me a jump-start, but they haven't fired me up. (Maybe they're unfinished because they're not all that inspiring?) Some would-be fabric postcards have been mildly interesting. I had fused these pinks and greens to a stiff interfacing eons ago.

Well, I don't want to make more postcards right now. I find it very hard to make things flat enough to mail. I want three dimensions! I thought it could be fun to add some flower yo-yos to these cards, plus use them as practice pieces for machine quilting. So, I've made a few yo-yos, done a little quilting, and am playing around with what to do next. The yo-yos aren't attached yet.



I have an idea about making bigger yo-yos into "flower people," so we'll see where that goes....

*********************

Chaplin visited my pots and pans yesterday. He has a habit of jumping into open cupboards whenever he can. "Hey, what's in here?"


1 comment:

The Lone Beader said...

Haha! Kitty in the cupboard is cute! :D