Monday, March 24, 2008

Scenes from my life

I've joined a Flickr group call "Life It Photos." It encourages us to take snapshots of where we are in our life, right now. I like the spontaneity of it, and I find myself paying more attention, looking more closely at what I see as I move through my day.

The flocks of birds are back, but it's so hard to get a photo! My camera makes too much noise when it starts up, and the birds fly away. Still, I was fast enough to catch a few in flight.

Birds fleeing bush

This morning, I noticed how lovely the orange juice looked in the sunlight, and so I had to take a picture! I just had to smile at how silly, and yet how fun, it was to take a photo while making breakfast. It feels good to notice that moment of beauty in my life.

breakfast juice

3 comments:

The Lone Beader said...

Nice photo of the little birds!

Lisa Gallup said...

I'm in the Life It Photos group, too, and I really enjoy it. You're right - it has definitley made me slow down and be more aware of my day. :)

Cotton Picker said...

Oh, I love the bird photo.