Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Painted doily

I found 3 heart-shaped doilies in a vintage shop on the way home from Seattle. I knew the white cotton would be perfect to dye or paint. I love the combination of magenta and yellow Dye-Na-Flow paints, so that's what I've used on this one. I wet it in the sink, squeezed out most of the water, then dripped on the paints. I did use a brush a little bit, too, to blend colors and fill in the gaps. The colors are lighter now that it's dry, but that's probably a good thing. I think this is going to go on an art doll . . . .

Magenta and yellow doily

8 comments:

belindaschneider said...

love the colors!! i always wish the colors wouldn't become paler once dry.

nonizamboni said...

This heart is gorgeous and I know because I'm a heart collector and connoisseur (LOL) Nice work!

GreenishLady said...

Beautiful colours. What a clever thing to do with the doily!

anita said...

Gorgeous colors! I'd love to see what you do with it.

Cotton Picker said...

Very pretty. I am looking forward to seeing how you use this on your art doll.

Zach Hunt-Personal Trainer Spokane said...

Great colors , looks like a shirt one of my clients wears to workout in.

inkberryblue said...

That's so lovely!
I really like how you've placed all those pretty colours. =]

Yolanda said...

This is so very pretty.