Saturday, April 26, 2008

Seven random facts about me

I've been tagged by Lisa at Spirit Thing Studio to give you seven weird or random facts about me.
  1. My husband and I have driven through the state of Wisconsin so many times that we feel as if we should have lived there at some point, but we never have.
  2. My handwriting is so bad that my mother often claimed I should become a doctor. (She was a nurse for many years, so she was subjected to a lot of scrawls.)
  3. I prefer to be barefoot as much as possible in the summer. When I was a kid, in the summer I only wore shoes to go to a store, the library, or to work on my grandfather's farm.
  4. I am much more competitive than you would think. The thought of maybe not being valedictorian in high school put me into a tizzy my senior year, when I was doing lousy in physics. I got over it and graduated 3 percentage points ahead of the salutatorian. (I could have failed physics and it wouldn't have made a difference.)
  5. I love to look at other people's pretty rings, but I can stand only to wear my wedding band. I fidget with anything else on my fingers.
  6. I am currently on a vegetarian food kick, to the annoyance of my carnivorous husband and my treat-begging cat.
  7. Sometimes I toy with the idea of learning a new musical instrument. (I played clarinet and tenor sax in high school.) Piano intrigues me, but the thought of learning how to read chords makes me nervous. On the other hand, messing around with a tin whistle or a harmonica sounds like fun.
I'm not going to tag other people this time, because I tend to tag the same folks and I think they're getting annoyed with me! So, if you are reading this and want to play, please consider yourself tagged. Here are the rules:
1. On your post, link back to the person who tagged you ~ that would be me, in this case.

2. Post your assignment on your blog ~ seven weird or random facts.

3. Post these rules on your blog.

4. Post links to seven bloggers that you will be tagging (or however many number you wanna tag) :)

5. Go to those blogs and give them a comment on their blog AND let them know that you have tagged them.

6 comments:

Lisa Gallup said...

Fun! Thanks for playing!! :):)

GreenishLady said...

Great facts! I did this one some time ago, and don't have enough random facts to try it again. I'm wearing no rings these days, but have in mind to get myself a really special ring this year, and I'd just been wondering how will I get used to wearing a ring again.

Zach Hunt said...

Good luck on your vegi eating journey , don`t you feel better, have you noticed a difference.

Cotton Picker said...

I am a vegetarian and wonder what motivated you to try it.

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

Re: vegetarianism -- I was a vegetarian through most of college, largely because I was too cheap to buy meat. Through (almost)20 years of marriage, I've varied the amount of meat that I cook, but I've never been totally vegetarian since college. Besides the price of meat and environmental concerns, I've cut back on our meat consumption recently because I bought Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything Vegetarian, and I'm having a lot of fun exploring the recipes. To keep my dh from jumping ship, I have to include some meat in our menus, but he will happily eat 2-3 veg dinners a week, and I can cut back the amount of meat the rest of the time. To be totally honest, I do enjoy eating meat (I can't picture myself giving up bacon or seafood), so I consider myself an omnivore.

nonizamboni said...

So many interesting facts about you. I went barefoot for the first 15 years of my life in the summer and my mom warned me I'd have wide feet. (She was right.)
Thanks for sharing! Happy weekend.