Friday, July 11, 2008

Writing on my jumper

I decided that I'd write on my jumper. At Artfiberfest I took a crash course in calligraphy from Lisa Engelbrecht, so why not put it to work?

After several trials, I ended up using a Sharpie paint marker, and outlined the letters with white paint.

Writing words on my jumper

This is how the back of the jumper looks now:

Open hearts

I don't know if I'll write anything on the front, but I do have an idea about what else I'm going to add. . . . Gonna wear the jumper tomorrow or Sunday, to give it another outing in its unfinished state.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Glad to see you blogging today - I wasn't sure if you live within the evacuation zone for the Dishman Hills fire? One of my cousins had to evacuate last night.

Love the writing. I just got Lisa Englebrecht's new book but haven't got up the nerve to try anything.

The Lone Beader said...

Nice work!

Lisa Gallup said...

Nice! I just bought a Lisa Englebrecht DVD and am looking forward to learning some lettering how-tos! :)

inkberryblue said...

I really like the inclusion of the lettering...and I love your poetic choice of phrase too. =]