Monday, August 11, 2008

We're home . . .

East Channel Light

(East Channel Light, on Grand Island, near Munising, Michigan)

Hello! I'm slowly wading through the vacation photos and posting them on Flickr -- feel free to check them out.

It was great to see family! (Lots more family photos coming to my Flickr account.)

Ross and Cindy

(My sister-in-law, Cindy, with Ross.)

We also did some sightseeing. The Upper Peninsula of Michigan is surrounded by three Great Lakes (Michigan, Huron, and Superior), and we spent a lot of time on Lake Superior this time. I loved visiting the lighthouses: Point Iroquois, Whitefish Point, and Grand Island East Channel. Who could ask for better subject matter?!

Whitefish Point Light

(Whitefish Point Light, near Paradise, Michigan)

Point Iroquois Light

(Point Iroquois Light, near Brimley, Michigan)


We spent lots of time at the family camp, playing badminton and croquet, eating (I ate my yearly quota of s'mores), stargazing, and watching the campfire. We watched a small-town parade, played on a Lake Huron beach, and helped my in-laws buy a new t.v. And I worked on my vacation sketchbook/journal almost every day. It's not quite done yet, but I promise I'll let you look at some of the pages soon!

1 comment:

Suzee said...

Looks like a good time - lighthouses are quite amazing, and it's always great to wake up at the waters edge. Glad you had fun!