Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sevens

I was tagged by Noni for this meme, so here goes!

7 Things I Plan to Do Before I Die
1. See Paris.
2. Write a book.
3. Learn how to weave.
4. Throw a pot (make one, that is, not break one!)
5. Play in a waterfall.
6. Create a glorious garden in our front yard.
7. Learn to express my gratitude for everything.

7 Things I Do Now
1. Sew! (Never thought I'd really make friends with my sewing machine, but I'm learning.)
2. Photograph beauty.
3. Read, read, read.
4. Cook great food when I want to.
5. Walk.
6. Smile.
7. Breathe.

7 Things I Can't Do
1. Wiggle my ears.
2. Curl my tongue.
3. Stay mad at anyone for long.
4. Dust regularly.
5. Learn to like wearing high-heeled shoes.
6. Take Sarah Palin seriously.
7. Eat menudo.

7 Things that Attract Me to the Opposite Sex
1. A sense of humor
2. Intelligence
3. An open smile
4. Honesty
5. The ability to eat heartily and unself-consciously with a date
6. Holding hands anywhere
7. Comfort with one's self

7 Things I Say Most Often
1. "Ross!"
2. "Ross, hurry up!"
3. "Will you do me a favor . . .?"
4. "Really?!"
5. "Nite, nite, sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite."
6. "Pardon my French." (I swear way too much.)
7. "Ross, please be business-like!"

7 Celebrities whom I Admire
1. The Dalai Lama
2. Bono
3. Jimmy Carter (as an ex-president)
4. Paul Newman (rest in peace)
5. Elizabeth Gilbert (author of Eat, Pray, Love)
6. Oprah Winfrey
7. Annie Lamott (author of Operating Instructions, and Grace (Eventually))

7 Who Get to Do This Now
Whoever is reading this and wants to play, go for it! Let me know in the comments that you're doing it, okay?

5 comments:

Suzee said...

Check me out. Did it for today. Tomorrow it may change :)

Agnes said...

you really can't curl your tongue??? I can't eat menudo either...it's gross. Just reading the rest of your lists, I can see we don't have everything in common. viva la difference!!

Yolanda said...

I really like this meme and I see we share quite a few things in common.

nonizamboni said...

I had fun reading your lists because we share so many. I forgot about the pots--I tried in my 20's and would like to try again. Love Anne Lamott and say the 'f' word way too much. Sigh. And those things you do now are so admirable.
Happy Wednesday!

The Lone Beader said...

I liked reading your first list. I would like to see Paris again! I was only there for 3 days. And, I went to Niagara Falls last week! LOL

I would also like to write a book. Or at least publish one with my beadwork... someday! :D