Thursday, October 2, 2008

Wedding anniversary

How can it be twenty years???
One part of me is bewildered, not having noticed the time slipping by.
But the other part of me looks at photos of our twentysomething selves
and knows that we are no longer them.

We focus on different things now.
Our child and our grey hair remind us that there is so much more to
life than our couplehood. Yet I am still quite happy
to walk each day with you, savoring your quick wit, your smile, and
your honest, decent humanity. Thank you for sharing the journey with me.


Anniversary roses

(Red roses and a champagne dinner -- he still knows how to wow a woman.)

6 comments:

Suzee said...

Holy &%^$#! Has it really been 20 years? I remember Barbara Labranche gushing over your wedding dress - she's not a gusher so you know you looked gorgeous ;) And thanks for picking pretty bridesmaids dresses too :)All demonstrating you are a good picker - be it dresses or husbands :) Happy Anniversary!

Cotton Picker said...

Congratulations on 20 years.

My hubby and I celebrate 23 years on October 4th.

Agnes said...

Congratulation to both of you!! I can't believe it's been that long. I can still remember the day. May the next 30 years be as great as the past 20!!!

nonizamboni said...

Many congrats! This is an accomplishment and 'so much more to
life than our couplehood' proves what a deep and committed relationship. Nice roses too!
p.s. you've been tagged--but ONLY if you feel like playing, o.k.

Lisa Gallup said...

Congrats, Judy! Twenty is a milestone! :):)

inkberryblue said...

Congratulations and blessings to the both of you!