Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thankful . . .

I am thankful for the frosty beauty that surrounds us in Spokane at this time of year.

Frosty dandelion (in the light)

I am thankful for the challenge of a zine swap! In case you've never heard of zines, they are small, self-published newsletters or magazines, usually photocopied, and usually about niche topics. Alma Stoller is hosting an arts-and-crafts zine swap, and I couldn't resist. I love zines, yet I'd never produced one, so I took the plunge. It was an adventure coming up with articles and photos to include, plus I decided to create unique covers and pamphlet stitch them! Whew. (I am really grateful that I have some publishing experience from my years as a proofreader, or else it may have been too daunting a task.)

Now I can't wait to see what other folks have produced. I am looking forward to some reading adventures as the cold weather sets in.

"Something Extra" zine

I am thankful to you (yes, you) for reading my blog. It is humbling to have an audience. I learn so much from so many bloggers, and I hope that this blog gives you inspiration, or at least a smile once in a while. Happy Thanksgiving to my U.S. readers, and grateful greetings to my international friends!

3 comments:

Cotton Picker said...

Judy, the top photo is just beautiful.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Joanne said...

Agreed, that frosty photo is sublime!
I'm not sure I want to go investigate 'zines'. Do I really need something else to divide my time amongst? Reading blogs has taken over from browsing flickr. I'm afraid if I click that link I will get myself into something else...:-)
And reading your blog is a pleasure. Craft, nature, family- something to relate to in each entry. I hope you and your family are safe and well through the holiday season.
Joanne from Australia.

NM_Creatrix said...

I LOVE the dandelion with frost. What a picture! Haven't been checking your blog lateley (only have time on break at work) but I do enjoy. Happiest of the Holidays to you and yours!