Thursday, December 4, 2008

New doll, in progress

I love making Christmas presents!

The trouble is, I never get started soon enough. I could make something for everyone on my list, but I usually don't come up with ideas until after Thanksgiving. (sigh)

This year, I want to make a few things. Thinking about what I truly love about this season, it's not the decorating or the cooking, although I do enjoy those, too. I love the "gifting," when it comes from my heart -- NOT out of any sense of obligation. I want to give a part of my self to people in my life, saying "thank you for being you." What better gift to give than something I created?

Here's a doll that's "in progress." She's still evolving, since I'm experimenting a little with her. Don't know where her final destination will be, but I do like her face.

Doll face

3 comments:

Cotton Picker said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished doll. The beads are beautiful.

I'm the same with my doll making. I have a general idea but I never know what I'm going to do until I do it.

The Lone Beader said...

I love your dolls face! Pretty! :)

Suzee said...

You could try capturing your ideas even if you don't accomplish them this year, you can use them to inspire new ideas next year, perhaps even earlier than Thanksgiving :) Some years it works for me, others, not so much... But when it does it feels great :)