Saturday, December 20, 2008

The "reveal"

I've received the paperwork from Lark Books, and there don't seem to be any publicity restrictions, so -- here is the photo that they want to publish:

Wrapping paper close-up

Do you remember this? I wrote about it in June. It's a close-up of the wrapping paper I made for my friend's wedding present. Here's a wider shot of the project:

Heart wrapping paper

The book is tentatively titled: Focus: Love. Quoting Lark's letter: "This full-color gallery book will be the first release in a new series that aims to spotlight the talents of digital snappers [photographers] of all experience levels and backgrounds while encouraging readers to look at the world in a new light, seeking the often neglected details of our everyday world. This particular book will showcase images of hearts — from simple to sublime, from obvious to surprising."

I'll get a free copy of book, a discount if I buy more, and full credit for my photo. Mostly, it's a nice way to get some exposure. If you've ever looked at Lark's publications, you know that they print some really nice books.

I think it's fabulous to have my work in a book of hearts! An affirmation of love, alive in the universe.

3 comments:

Yolanda said...

I am so happy for you.Stay warm more snow is on the way.

inkberryblue said...

What a lovely photograph and what a beautiful book to be included in...congratulations Judy!!!!!!!!
I hope you and your family have a joyful Christmas and a fabulous New Year.

Cathy Smith said...

See Sis,
I told you that you take great photos and do wonderful artwork!!!

Congratulations, I am soooo happy for you. Sorry I didn't catch up to your blog sooner, so busy with Christmas preparations.

Much Love,
Cathy