Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow days

Christmas lights and snowy trees

At 9:20 am yesterday, Chris brought a yardstick to our front yard and measured 21 inches of snow -- and we've had 4 or 5 inches (at least) since then. Yikes!

Red Christmas light in snow

Ross has started his winter vacation early -- no school yesterday or today. Chris decided to go down to Gonzaga today, so that he would have less distractions while he's finishing his grading. Can't say that I blame him. I'm glad that he is a Yooper (a person from Michigan's Upper Peninsula) with lots of snow-driving experience, and that we have a Jeep that is very reliable on lousy roads.

Ross has already cleared some bushes and tree branches today, and I'll get out and do some more shoveling in a while. Otherwise, it will be a very laid-back day. I have a few presents to finish and a lot of gift wrapping to do -- Christmas is coming very, very soon, isn't it?!

Here are some peeks at what I've been making. (I'll post more photos after Christmas -- I want my presents to stay a surprise!) This is a small pouch, made to hold a notebook, for a musical friend:

Music pouch

Something warm and cozy:

Fleece close-up

Another detail of my new doll, now finished and on its way to its new home:

Star doll beading (on leg)

1 comment:

Yolanda said...

we have not quite that much but a lot for here.Stay warm.