Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The sun is setting on another year

Winter sky

I'm not feeling poetic or profound on this last day of 2008. I can name the feelings running around inside me: a bit of melancholy and tiredness, but there is also an elixir of calm, hope, and anticipation. Surely a mixed bag if ever there was one.

I guess the biggest question I have for myself today is: do you dare to dream big?

The scared part of me wants to stay in its illusion of safety. (If I don't think big, I won't fall big.) But the rest of me knows the soul-sucking quality of staying in my cave.

We are all born to be more than we think we are. I remind myself that I am no exception to the rule.

Lesley Riley has written a wonderful piece about being specific about your desires. It is easier to create the life we want when we can picture it clearly in our mind. So. I will dare to be clear, and specific, as I think about what I want in 2009.

A happy new year to all!

5 comments:

Cotton Picker said...

Happy New Year to you too, Judy.

Lisa Gallup said...

Happy, happy New Year, Judy!! Love that photograph!

Stacia said...

Happy New Year! I hope you are right about getting my muse back. I think she took an extended vacation. I love the doll you made for your mother in law.

Plain Jane said...

Happy New Year Judy!
xoxo

inkberryblue said...

What a beautiful photograph.
I've been reflecting on where I am in my life too. This year I'm going to take on a new direction ~ I'm going to try and nourish and nurture my personal life ~ and that's going to take courage!
Blessings to you on your journey into the new year, Judy.