Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Lovely blogs


Thanks to Suzee (my cousin!) at Chez LaFleur in Manhattan for presenting me with this award! She calls me a philosopher -- I don't know if I'd claim that moniker for myself, but I kinda like it. (I'm blushing a bit.)

To accept the award, I need to nominate 7 blogs for this award. I have some all-time favorite blogs, which I've listed here again and again, so this time, I'd like to spotlight some different folks:
  • Katie Kendrick at joyouslybecoming: a wonderful artist with fabric, paper, you name it, and a brave, open soul.
  • Joanne at Framed -- A Photographic Blog: Joanne just started this blog of her wonderful photos.
  • Noni at Peacock Blue: another great photographer, who posts on varied topics, with nary a dull moment.
  • The Lone Beader: This woman is serious about her bead art, and shares her amazing creative process step by step.
  • Inga at Cotton Picker: A fine doll maker and opera lover!
  • Jane at Janeville: A versatile artist, Jane shares her sketches, art quilts, and other doings on her blog.
  • And, back at you, Suzee! Chez LaFleur in Manhattan is a foodie's adventures in her kitchen as well as in NYC. I'm often drooling as I read. :-)

These awardees just need to follow these simple rules to receive this award and pass it on (except for Suzee, who's already done the heavy lifting):
Add the logo to your blog
Link to the person from whom you've received the award
Nominate seven blogs of your choice
Leave a message on the nominees' blogs

If you get a chance, check out these blogs!

4 comments:

nonizamboni said...

Oh, you just made my day! Thanks for your kind wishes too--I've been thinking about you often since friends & fam have given us grizzly reports of the snow you've been having there.. .and collapsed roofs! Hope all's well for you.
Happy new year my friend!

Plain Jane said...

thanks very much Judy!!

The Lone Beader said...

Thank you for mentioning me! Happy New Year from Boston :D

Joanne said...

Thanks for including me too!