Thursday, February 12, 2009

Love is in the air . . .

. . . so when I had to make a sample for my art quilting class, of course I chose the heart! I love that simple shape.

Heart with patchwork

Heart with patchwork (close-up)

*******************************

When the hungry robins migrate through Spokane, they love to feast upon the red/orange berries of the mountain ash tree. It's amazing to watch a flock of birds (25? 50? more?) descend upon a tree and devour every berry they can find.

Robins in mountain ash (vertical)

What little things are you loving today?

7 comments:

Cotton Picker said...

Judy, you do capture some wonderful nature shots. This is lovely.

Cotton Picker said...

Me again. I meant to comment on the quilt too. Very nice. You're inspiring me to clean up my work table and haul out my sewing machine.

Cheers
Inga

Plain Jane said...

well, I tell you, I LOVE that pic of the birds and berries!! how gorgeous.
Happy Valentines day to you!!

Nicola said...

Love the hearts, and of course the birds!!

Julie said...

Ah, I miss seeing robins (and cardinals) since I've moved to the desert. But as a tradeoff I get to see lots of lizards and pigeons..whee! :)

art spirit said...

LOVE your Heart quilts...they bring a smile to my face!
Love the birds too!

Alma Stoller: I Heart Zines said...

Judy, this is a beautiful quilt. I love the random, free form look of it.

The color combination and the various odd shapes all work together beautifully.

Alma