Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Please, sir, can you fix my camera?

I've been meaning to post. But I feel a little lost without my camera.

The flash quit working last week. I was in denial for a few days, but then I realized that as gray and rainy as it's been, I can't take decent photos without a flash. So, even though about 90% of my shots are outdoors, I must get it fixed.

I was feeling a weird insecurity about sending my camera off to Kodak. What, ship my baby?!? So I called around town, and one repairman was willing to take a look at it. He gave me all the warnings I expected: these cameras aren't easily fixed, it's hard/impossible to get parts, it could cost more than you spent on the camera. I know, I know, I thought as he droned on. But what if you CAN fix it?

I dropped it off today. He said he'll get back to me after lunch tomorrow. Please keep your fingers crossed for my camera!

3 comments:

Lisa Gallup said...

I would be LOST without my camera, so I understand! Here's hoping he can fix it pronto!!

Mrs. B. Roth said...

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. Broken stuff, warranties, repairs ... I'm doing that today. But it's nothing so creativity inspiring as my camera, no, just the big fat ugly TV ... sigh.

BEST of luck with your baby!

(my word verification was: shnat. Good word.)

Joanne said...

Yes, its amazing how attached we can become to an inanimate object! I get nervous when somebody holds my camera. Like a first time mother with a newborn.
Hope he can fix it without too much expense.