Monday, March 2, 2009

Camera and kitty

First, the bad news: it would be more expensive to fix the flash on my old camera than to buy a new one. So, any shot that requires a flash is out for now.

The good news: I'm upgrading to a digital SLR camera. I've been interested in getting a better camera, mostly to take close-ups of flowers and other wild things. This has become an opportunity to get more serious about my photography. After we get our tax refund, I'll be stepping up!

****************************

I'd like to introduce you to my latest plushie, Sparkle Whiskers.

Sparkle Whiskers

This little kitty, approx. 4-1/2 inches by 7 inches, is made from a worn-out gray shirt and a curtain panel from our Albuquerque house (the eye-popping red and black). I think Sparkle Whiskers will be making a journey to Australia as soon as I make a few friends to go along with her.

8 comments:

Lisa Gallup said...

LOVE her!!!

Joanne said...

what a cute kittie! And wow, I wish I could have seen that fabric as curtains! Stunning, but hard to match the decor I think.

Bren said...

MEOW...... I LOVE IT!!!! I am a big cat fan. Stop by my garden and check it out.

Happy Wednesday my new Creative friend!

NM_Creatrix said...

Judy-thanx for the comments on my blog. Will be out of pocket for awhile, but I will keep up with you! Hope you like your new camera, I am waiting to inherit my BIL's old camera (a canon slr...) but that may take a year!

Stacia said...

Very cute kitty. I just ordered a Canon Rebel XS and should get it tomorrow. I am very excited. What are you thinking of getting.

Cathy Smith said...

Hey Sis,

LOVE KITTIE!!! How cool is that. You deserve a new camera with all the gadgets you need to really take your photos to the next level. You're too good a photographer to be struggling with a camera that doesn't have the settings, etc. that you need.

Love ya,
Cathy

liz elayne lamoreux said...

oh my goodness...she is so CUTE!

sorry about your flash BUT i am so excited that you are getting a digital SLR. i can't wait to see what you do with it.

(happy weekend to you dear girl)

inkberryblue said...

I think Sparkle Whiskers is gorgeous too. =]
...and I'm looking forward to seeing what you create with a digital SLR. How exciting!