Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Peace Book

Here's another little artist book that I'll be shipping out as a gift. You may recognize many pieces of this book, from here and here and here, for example.

(I wish I could show larger photos, but they won't fit in the space alloted. Some day I'll start tweaking, but for now, you can click on any of them for a bigger view.)

Peace book, front cover

Peace book, inside front cover

"Be generous in prosperity, and thankful in adversity. . . .
Be a lamp unto those who walk in darkness, and a home to the stranger. . . .
Be a breath of life to the body of humankind,
A dew to the soil of the human heart, and a fruit upon the tree of humility."
-- from Baha'i peace prayer

Peace book, page 1

Grow Peace in your garden

Peace book, page 2

Peace book, page 3

"Nothing can bring you peace but yourself." -- Emerson

Peace book, page 4

Peace book, page 5

"I only wish that the wind will soon puff away all the clouds which are hanging over the tops of the mountains."
-- Shinto peace prayer

Peace book, page 6

"A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself. What a man can be, he must be."
-- Abraham Harold Maslow

Peace book, page7

Peace book, page 8

"Know that we attaineth God when we loveth,
And only that victory endures,
In consequence of which no one is defeated."
from the Sikh prayer for peace

(photo from the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. 2009 Calendar)

Peace book, inside back cover

Peace book, back cover

3 comments:

Cathy Smith said...

what a great little book!! It is just so unique. Hope you guys are well, I have the darn respiratory bug and feel pretty lousy.
Love,
Cathy

inkberryblue said...

What a beautiful book, Judy!
I think the leaf applique is beautiful and I really love the Maslow quote. (I needed to read that tonight, thank you.)

NM_Creatrix said...

Since I am the recipient of the gift, I get to say that it is even more charming in person! Combines all my faves- books, fabric, and quotes! Great work.