Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter shoes

I went shopping for white shoes to go with my Easter dress. (Yes, I ignore the old rule about no white shoes before Memorial Day. I'd never even known there was a rule until I started reading the Miss Manners column.) The only pair I really liked was $85 -- not in my budget this year. Then I remembered this old pair of white canvas sneakers that are in my closet, and thought, why not make those into Easter shoes?

At first I was going to use acrylic inks, but some of the ink bottles say "water resistant," which is not necessarily permanent enough for shoes. I used fabric paints, instead. My dress is bright and flowery, so I painted my own version onto the shoes.

Easter shoes (1)

Easter shoes (2)

Yes, they're kinda gaudy, but what the heck. I'm not the shy and retiring type.

Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Lisa Gallup said...

I looooove them, Judy!!! I'd wear them in a heartbeat!! :)

Cathy Smith said...

Wow, GREAT shoes!!!!! What a really original idea.
Love ya,
Cathy