Sunday, May 31, 2009

Computer vacation

I've been doing The Artist's Way -- again (the first time was in 2003, when Ross was four years old). If you've followed this creative recovery program before, you know about week 4: the dreaded week of reading deprivation. You are supposed to NOT READ for a week. One of the points of the exercise is to discover how much time you spend reading, instead of doing your own creative thing.

Not only do I waste a lot of time reading, I also spend way too much time on the internet. Which is a form of reading, of course. So: I will not be reading blogs or my email this week, and not writing here, either. In fact, I'm going to stay offline entirely (unless I crack ;-} ). It'll be a good creative challenge. I hope to spend a lot of time at the sewing machine or with a crochet hook. See you next week!

6 comments:

Cotton Picker said...

Hopefully you will be able to stick to your guns and not see this message for a week. Not reading is an excellent idea and I would ditch the TV for a week too. I look forward to your thoughts about this experience.

Lisa Gallup said...

I can't wait to hear how your week goes!! :D Enjoy!!

Cathy Smith said...

Hey Sis,

hhmmmm.....good luck with that. Can't wait to see how you make out.

GreenishLady said...

Been there twice - and it is a wonderful opportunity to go to places you'd never otherwise visit! Enjoy your Week 4, and I look forward to hearing where it took you this time around!

Zach Hunt - Spokane Personal Trainer said...

Judy,

Hope you made it. It will be nice to hear how this worked out for you.

Yolanda said...

Heres hoping you will be back soon.