Friday, May 15, 2009

Photography 101

I've been shooting a ton of photos. Sorting them has been informative. There have been many bad ones, but they are teaching me a lot about how the camera works. The truism holds: you learn more from your mistakes than from your successes.

There are a lot of new photos at my flickr account -- most of them not-very-interesting photos of my son. My favorites:

Pink/purple, pointy tulip

(a neighbor's tulip)


Fluffy dandelion

(backyard dandelion)

Chaplin and Ross on couch

(Chaplin takes a lap wherever he can find it these days.)

Tech Trek sign

(Rock on!)

Ross as Tolkien

(Ross dressed as J.R.R. Tolkien for his school project. Fake pipe made by my husband.)

5 comments:

Ron said...

Judy!! You have no idea how excited that I am for you and your purchase of the new XSi. A fabulous marvelous camera and NOW like it or not, you're a professional photographer. You will use that lens more than you think, and time will arrive when you will wish for more lens.
Wish that I had bumped into you at the garden as I've been there every day this week. Great light, contrast and saturation today. Not to mention the super bridge reflection. Congratulations,,,,and thanks for letting me know.
Ron

Suzee said...

Wow - Ross is really growing up! So handsome!

Joanne said...

Gorgeous tulip! Cute kid too :-)

Cathy Smith said...

Sis,
Great photos. Ok, I'm jealous, I want a new camera too. LOL.
Love,
Cathy

inkberryblue said...

Lovely photos...and congratulations on the camera! How exciting!