Thursday, May 7, 2009

Shooting stars

Think of these photos as wildflower portraits, maybe like taking your high school senior to the local park for her yearbook photos. You carefully choose clothing and hairstyle, get ready to go, and the weather looks iffy, perhaps impossible. But you keep your appointment, venturing out with hope. Shot after shot after shot doesn't meet your approval. But then the sun peaks out, the wind stops blowing, and [click] -- you capture what you've been looking for.

These wildflowers said to me: "Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up!"

Shooting stars with branches

Shooting stars in grass

Shooting stars with yellow flowers

3 comments:

inkberryblue said...

I love this post!
Judy, you have the gift of the gab. =]
...and the third image made me catch my breath.
x

Joanne said...

Lovely light! Worth the wait :-)

Plain Jane said...

wow. sooo beautiful!