Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My first Spoonflower fabric

My Spoonflower fabric sample arrived in the mail today!

Spoonflower fabric sample

The photo is going to be cut off a bit, but I wanted to put a large-ish photo on the blog so that you can see the print clearly. Chaplin is about 1-3/4" (4 cm) tall on the quilting-cotton fabric. The printing is a bit fuzzy, but I'm sure that's because the file I provided wasn't the highest quality (I'm still trying to figure out the file size issue). Also, this is fabric, so of course it's not going to be entirely crisp. I may play around with the file again before I order a yard.

Some of the fabric will become a throw pillow for the couch, but I'm not sure what I'll do with the rest. A black and white purse? An art quilt? Sometimes it takes years before I use a particular piece of fabric, so I'm not in a rush to figure it out right now.

I'm a little melancholy, looking at this fabric. I did the sketch before we knew he had cancer. He was such a grand cat. I miss him.

4 comments:

starrybluesky said...

That's such a nice way to remember your cat though. Interesting to see how your fabric worked out - I am planning to give spoonflower a try soon as well.

Cathy Smith said...

I bet you do miss him. I know how much I miss Kitty, and I only had her for two and a half years.

What a really nice way to remember him.

Joanne said...

Your fabric looks great. And what better tribute to a cat, the ultimate lover of comfort, than to put his picture on a cosy pillow.

Plain Jane said...

the purrfect tribute indeed! (sorry, I couldn't resist) congrats on joining the spoonflower addiction group! :-)