Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Peace tree t-shirt

Finished!

Peace tree t-shirt close-up

Embroidering all those peace signs, trying to make credible circles from straight stitches, was wearing on my patience. I tried to coax myself into doing one or two a day, and some days more, and some days my back was a little sore when I stood up from the dining room table. But I had the pleasure of knowing that more "fruits" had appeared in that green tree canopy.

I'm glad I didn't use paint or markers as a shortcut. The slow ripening of peace signs on a t-shirt was the right aesthetic call. And now I'm happy to wear something that I made just for me.

Peace tree t-shirt self-portrait

3 comments:

GreenishLady said...

Beautiful! Your creativity is blossoming and fruiting too - abundantly as the "fruits" on that tree.

nonizamboni said...

This is awesome. . .you are so creative and clever. Nicely done, my friend.
I've been wondering how your summer is going and seeing the pics from the park w/your son, I think I know. :O)
Have a great holiday too!

Plain Jane said...

A fine, fine shirt!!!