Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I (heart) Facebook

Embroidered, multicolored hearts

(some stitching done during vacation -- you'll probably see these pop up on new projects . . .)

I have succumbed to the charms of Facebook. My husband Chris has been on it for a while, and has loved catching up with old friends there. I've avoided it because I already spend way too much time on the computer, and am trying to keep my screen time to a "reasonable" amount (oh, say, less than two hours a day).

But an old friend from long ago turned up last week, and I realized that if I wanted to truly catch up with her, it would be easier to do it on Facebook. I suspected there were a lot of other friends out there, too, and I haven't been disappointed. What a pleasure it is to meet these folks once again! The connections are a joy. I'm also happy that I can opt out of a lot of the clutter of Facebook (games, groups, quizzes, etc.), and not miss anything that matters to me.

Maybe the twenty-first century is going to have more of a human touch than I thought.

4 comments:

Lisa Gallup said...

I really love facebook as well. :) I've reconnected with so many friends from high school and college. The only game I play is scrabble. The hide option and the ignore features are really nice! Glad you are there! :D

Joanne said...

I tried it but it wasn't for me. My hubby is into it. I can see the appeal, but I don't have the time. Its nice that you caught up with old friends though.

The Lone Beader said...

I am a Facebook addict! Did you join my facebook page for updates?? :)

And, you are on the puter only 2 hours per day? That is virtually impossible for me. My puter is on 24/7 not counting my iphone when I am out! :o

inkberryblue said...

It's nice that you're getting in touch with old friends. I've resisted Facebook so far too...but maybe I'll join. I've heard quite a few people talk about it very positively.