Monday, August 3, 2009

What's new, pussycat?

She's been a while in the making, but at last she's finished.

Chenille cat

The blue eyes and the pink collar came to pass, as I'd thought they would. I embroidered her eyes the same way I made the hearts on my last post, with the same muslin over felt. The pink chenille heart came from one of my favorite thrift stores, Value Village. It's one of those things that I bought because I liked it, not because I instantly knew what I was going to do with it.

Chenille cat back

Long tail!

Chenille cat face

The collar is made from vintage barkcloth, found in a lovely bundle of fabric goodies at Area 58, my favorite antique/vintage store in Spokane. The blue rhinestone pendant was from my husband's grandmother. Her whiskers were almost pink, but Ross thought white was a better choice, and I like his judgement on the matter.

Chenille cat collar

I thought it would be nice if the collar could be removed, so I sewed on a vintage glass button and a rattail loop for a closure. Now she can take it off and relax at the end of the day . . .

1 comment:

Plain Jane said...

just adorable. I love little stuffed creatures and this one is precious.