Thursday, February 18, 2010

Simple beginnings of spring

I choose to rejoice in the simple things.

Enough daylight and warmth to take a walk at 5 pm.

Spotting my first crocuses this year.

First crocuses of 2010

Working with my camera, outside, where I belong. Where I breathe freely.

Walking along a park trail, then striking out for orange light on the ridge.

Sunset on High Ridge, 2/18/10

Glad for silhouettes, glad for the crescent moon in the pine branches, glad for dog walkers and bicyclists, glad for beautiful houses; glad to come home with fresh air in my hair, and spring whispering its name everywhere.

5 comments:

Cotton Picker said...

All I can say is "AMEN". :)

Beautiful photos.

nonizamboni said...

I'm rejoicing with you, my friend! Crocuses?!! I love the image of you returning home with the fresh air in your hair.
Life is good, yes?

腰痠 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cathy Smith said...

I am soooo jealous of your crocus's. LOL. Sis, you take the most beautiful photos!!!
Love ya.

inkberryblue said...

Simple yet miraculous. Thank you for celebrating this loveliness.