I've brought various things over the years: jewelry components, handwork on small art quilts, and even an altered children's book for a trip journal. This year, I don't have a project that seems portable enough, and I'm not interested in "just" doing an art journal. What intrigues me is the idea of bringing a few tools and supplies and then making stuff with whatever is on hand.
Everything fits in a lidded plastic container, and can be carried on the plane (except for the large pair of scissors, which will go in my checked bag).
- thread: upholstery & beading (Silamide)
- embroidery floss & perle cotton -- just a few colors, in a slightly different palette than I usually work in
- scissors, large and small
- a few markers & pens
- glue stick (must go in the liquids baggie for security)
- 3 pairs of baby socks -- in case I get the urge for plushie making!