Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Buddha's autumn

A couple of members at my church recently donated a little Buddha statue for a meditation path that will someday be on our grounds. He is resting under a tree near our peace pole for now. This morning I noticed that he had some beautiful maple leaves resting on his arm, so I decided to take out my camera and see what I could capture.

The light wasn't great, but Photoshop helped brighten up the images. On the second photo, I added some texture and played with the contrast.

Buddha profile with autumn leaves

Buddha hand with autumn leaves


"As we watch leaves fluttering to the ground in the fall, we are reminded that nature's cycles are mirrored in our lives. Autumn is a time for letting go and releasing things that have been a burden. All the religious traditions pay tribute to such acts of relinquishment. Fall is the right time to practice getting out of the way and letting Spirit take charge of our lives."

-- Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat, on Spirituality & Practice

1 comment:

Alma Stoller said...

I love this quote Judy. So very true and great advice for any season.

Alma