I'm working on a spring banner. Honestly, it should have been finished long before now, but between life's ups and downs and my lack of inspiration, it took me a long time to get going on it. I finally feel like I have a handle on it.
The base fabric is a set of three white doilies that I bought in a large box of slightly imperfect household linens. They have some light stains that won't come out, which I can work around. Next I found some fabric that must have been meant for curtains - kind of sheer, with a sweet pink print. That got me up and running.
I cut out letters from the curtain fabric and machine stitched them to the doilies. Now I'm adding some appliqued figures and embroidery:
It's been a while since I've done much with fabric, so this is feeling fun and fresh.