Thursday, April 14, 2011

No excuses

I almost started this post with a list of excuses. Why I haven't been blogging, why I haven't been working on projects, blah, blah, blah. What's the point in repeating that story? I doubt you care about my excuses, and I don't care about them, either.

Suffice it to say, I have my challenging times, just as everyone else does. What matters: how do I meet those challenges? What do I do with the days I have been given? I laughed a lot while I took a shower this morning. So many conditions and events could have me pinned to the floor, but most of them struck me as totally absurd or ironic. I could only shake my head and laugh as the hot water poured down.

Today I chose to concentrate on the now. I watched the sun shine one minute, and I watched the hail bouncing off the mud the next. I took deep breaths in yoga class. I thought about my cousin who is in the hospital. I wrestled with new software at work. I smiled at my goofy husband and son. I chose to write a blog post.

Update: the spring banner is coming along. I've been stitching whenever I get a chance.

Spring banner bird

Spring banner "Y"

Honestly, if I did not "make stuff," I would be a basket case. Creativity is sanity.

4 comments:

Bianchii said...

Hello.
I started to write blog in English.
I will write about everything, will be a lot of pictures, reviews of books, films, songs etc.
So it would be nice if you visit my blog sometimes :)
(Sorry for mistakes, I'm still learning English)
http://bianchii.blogspot.com
(you can follow me)

bestblogger1 said...

i love your blog!!! Do you think you could take a look at mine when you get a chance???

www.bestblogger1-savetheworld.blogspot.com

bestblogger1 said...

I'm sorry to here that your cousin is in the hospital. Will he be alright?

JH said...

You have some great ideas!
I would like to share the Stylin' Award with you. To accept, visit http://notquitesuperhuman.blogspot.com/2011/04/coolness-i-got-some-awards.html

Hope things are looking brighter ;)