Sunday, July 17, 2011

Journaling with Teesha

I had the privilege of taking a visual journaling workshop with Teesha Moore this weekend - right here in Spokane! Teesha and her husband Tracy are perhaps best known for their wonderful art retreat, Artfest, held in Port Townsend, Washington each year. Tracy doesn't teach at her retreats because she is too busy making sure that everything goes smoothly, but she is quite the artist in her own right. I leapt at the chance to take a class with her. She is generous, warm, funny and encouraging - a real pleasure to be around. (You can see some of Teesha's journal pages here.)

We made simple journals from large sheets of watercolor paper and started collaging, drawing, doodling, and writing. Teesha makes her pages very full and lively, and she challenges her students to do the same. I've gotten the furthest on this page. It has a long way to go, but I'm happy with my progress so far. . . .

Journal page begun in Teesha's class

2 comments:

Minnesota Flowers said...

Hi...Your post really got me thinking man..... an intelligent piece, I must say.

Home Utility said...

Really nice art with your creative thoughts. Thanks for sharing this post.

Buy Ironing Boards Online | Buy mop Online